Baked Goat Cheese Salad
Which part is your favorite? The fresh, crispy, peppery greens? Or the warm, pungent, creamy goat cheese wrapped in a crispy, crunchy herb-scented coating? We happen to think they're better together – the perfect combination that makes the perfect main-dish salad. Dinner is served!
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a teaspoon of water
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper, divided
- 2 logs (4 oz. each) plain goat cheese, each log sliced into 10 slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 bag (5 oz) spring mix or baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. In shallow dish, mix flour, ½ teaspoon granulated garlic and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper. Set aside.
3. Place egg in another shallow dish. Set aside.
4. Place KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal in third shallow dish. Set aside.
5. Lightly press each goat cheese slice first in flour, then egg and evenly coat with cereal mixture.
6. Place breaded rounds in single layer on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
7. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and remaining garlic and lemon pepper.
8. Arrange greens on serving plate. Top with baked goat cheese rounds and sprinkled with dressing.
Sweet Potato Whip
Try our fresher, lighter version of a Thanksgiving classic. We've substituted nonfat yogurt and egg whites for the traditional heavy cream. But that doesn't mean we've skimped on flavor! Learn more.
Happy Inside™ Cereal Bold Blueberry
The brightness of real blueberries meets probiotic yogurty pieces and crunchy whole grains. Learn more
Make the most of your day — for less — with Kellogg's coupons.
View all coupons