1. In 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Remove 2 tablespoons and mix with KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. Set aside for topping. Add onion to remaining margarine in pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened but not browned.
2. Stir flour, salt and pepper into onion mixture. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add cheese and continue cooking, stirring 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in carrots and parsley flakes. Spread mixture into 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2-qt.) glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cereal mixture evenly over top.
3. Bake at 350° F about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot.
1. In small glass mixing bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons of the margarine on HIGH until melted. Combine with KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. Set aside for topping.
2. Measure the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine and onion into 4-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until bubbly and thickened, stirring twice during cooking time. Add cheese, stirrring until melted. Pour into ungreased 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch (2 qt.) glass baking dish. Stir in carrots and parsley flakes.
3. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
4. Sprinkle cereal topping evenly over top. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot. Yield: 8 servings
Note Microwave cooking times may vary, depending on oven wattage.