All-Bran® cereal makes a crunchy and savory topping for this comforting casserole of scalloped potatoes and carrots. Seasoned with rosemary and thyme, this home-style dish is a wonderful accompaniment to roast chicken. Serve with a fresh green salad on the side for a satisfying and simple early autumn meal.
1. Melt the 2 teaspoon margarine. Stir in 3/4 cup of the KELLOGG'S COMPLETE
Wheat Bran Flakes cereal and the thyme. Set aside for topping.
2. Place potatoes and carrots in medium saucepan with salted water to cover.
Bring to boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain.
3. Melt the 2 tablespoons margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Stir in
flour, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Add milk gradually, stirring until smooth.
Increase heat to medium and cool until mixture boils and thickens, stirring
constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Gently stir in potatoes, carrots, and remaining 1/4 cup KELLOGG'S COMPLETE
Wheat Bran Flakes cereal. Pour into 1 1/2-quart round casserole. Sprinkle
with cereal topping.
5. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.