Crunchy, sweet, green eyeballs are sure to please the little goblins in your house. Shop for the candy eyes at cake decorating supply stores.
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
2. Add KELLOGG’S FROSTED FLAKES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Use 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray to portion cereal mixture into 24 mounds. Using buttered hands shape each portion into a mound. Cool. Use frosting to attach one candy eye onto each. Store in single layer in airtight container.
Microwave Directions: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results, use fresh marshmallows
• 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended
• Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.