What’s better than a Rice Krispies Treat®? A Rice Krispies Treat® on a stick and coated with chocolate!
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES with Holiday Colors cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into twelve 4- x 2-inch rectangles. Insert ice cream stick into one short side of each rectangle.
4. In small bowl combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Microwave at medium-high (70% power) for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip about the top third of each bar in the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set.
5. In separate containers melt white and red candy melts according to package directions. Drizzle over chocolate dipped portions of bars. Return to refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes or until set. Best if served the same day.