Get prepared for winter with this fun and delicious igloo.
1. In large saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add 1 package (10 oz.) of the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add 6 cups of the KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 using the remaining butter, marshmallows and cereal. Press into a second 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan as directed in step 3.
5. Cool both pans completely. Cut each pan into 16 rectangles. Invert 7 1/2- to 8 1/2-inch bowl on tray. Press rectangles into igloo shape around the outside of the bowl, cutting to fit as necessary. Cut remaining rectangles into arch shape for igloo entrance. Press into place. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat 3 tablespoons of the butter and 1 package (10 oz.) of the marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Repeat using the remaining butter, marshmallows and cereal. Continue as directed in step 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results, use fresh marshmallows
• 2 jars (7 oz. each) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended
• Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.