Buttermilk lends just the right tenderness to the batter for these hearty pancakes with fiber and protein, made from one of our favorite cereals, Kashi GO Crunch!™.
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the first 5, dry ingredients together. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the next 5 ingredients. Set crushed pineapple aside.
2. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined. Refrigerate batter for at least one hour so the ingredients combine completely and batter thickens (you can also refrigerate the batter overnight).
3. Coat griddle or large skillet with non-stick spray and heat pan over medium heat.
4. Scoop about ¼ cup of pancake batter onto heated pan, leaving enough room between pancakes to allow them to spread. Drop a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple in the middle of each pancake and cook for about 45 seconds, or until tops of pancakes bubble and edges begin to firm up.
5. Carefully turn the pancakes over and continue to cook for an additional minute or until golden brown.
6. Serve with pineapple side up, topping each pancake with a dollop of yogurt, fruit slices and a drizzle of maple syrup.