A rich vanilla sauce graces the top of this sweet, baked pudding.
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S Corn Flakes crumbs, baking powder and
salt. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until light and fluffy. Stir in
honey. Fold in crumbs mixture and nuts.
3. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into
egg yolks mixture. Pour into buttered 8 x 8 x 2-inch (1 1/2-qt.) glass baking dish.
4. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until pudding begins to pull from sides
of dish. Cool and serve with Vanilla Sauce and whipped topping or fruit sauce,
5. While pudding is baking, make Vanilla Sauce. In 1-quart saucepan, mix
together sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in boiling water. Cook,
stirring constantly until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Stir in margarine
and vanilla. Serve warm over pudding.
Variation: Date Nut Pudding-Add 1 cup cut, pitted dates with crumbs mixture
in Step 2.