Any day can be a celebration when you serve these crunchy chocolate balls, dipped in white chocolate and coated with colorful Pop-Tarts® Frosted Confetti Cupcake or Pop-Tarts® Birthday Cake toaster pastries.
1. In heavy, medium saucepan combine semi-sweet chocolate morsels, cream and butter. Cook over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to mixing bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Beat chocolate mixture on high speed of electric mixer about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Stir in KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal.
3. Using small ice cream scoop or rounded tablespoon, divide mixture into thirty 1 1/2-inch portions. Use hands to quickly shape portions into balls. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in small saucepan melt white chocolate morsels and shortening over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Insert lollipop stick or ice cream stick into each chocolate ball. Working with 1 ball at a time, spoon white chocolate mixture over each, allowing excess to drip off. Press KELLOGG’S POP TARTS Frosted Confetti Cupcake toaster pastry pieces or KELLOGG’S POP TARTS Birthday Cake toaster pastry pieces into white chocolate. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes or until firm.