These classic, old-fashioned cookies are even better in this updated new version. Crispy and sweet, they make a lunchbox surprise or a delicious afternoon pick-me-up. Kids love the fresh vanilla taste and crunchy bite. Yum!
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until thoroughly mixed. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal and flour mixture, mixing until combined.
3. Shape dough into two 10 1/2-inch-long rolls. Wrap in plastic wrap, covering ends carefully. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
4. Slice cookie rolls about 1/4 inch thick and place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375°F about 9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Chocolate: Stir in 2 squares melted, unsweetened chocolate before add flour
Nutty: Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts with flour mixture.
Spice: Stir 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and
1/4 teaspoon cloves into flour mixture.