These cute 3-dimensional bunnies will be the hit of the Easter parade at your house.
1. If using, clean and dry plastic ornaments. Coat insides with cooking spray. Set aside. Line 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan with foil, allowing excess foil to hang over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add the 10 ounces marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered hands, firmly press 2 cups of the cereal mixture into prepared loaf pan. Using ornaments as molds (if desired) or using buttered hands shape the remaining cereal mixture into six 2 3/4-inch-diameter balls. Cool completely.
5. Use foil to lift cereal mixture out of pan. Cut cereal mixture into twelve 2 1/2- x 1-inch rectangles. Trim each rectangle into ear shape. Use food coloring to tint frosting pink. Spread on centers of ears. Use toothpicks to attach two ears to each ball. Use additional frosting to attach marshmallow halves and blue candies for eyes and pink jelly bean halves for noses. Use frosting to attach black licorice for mouths or pipe chocolate frosting onto each for mouths. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
Snap-apart, fillable ornaments are available at craft stores.