Shape classic Rice Krispies® Treats® into adorable little chicks with the help of large plastic, snap-apart Easter Eggs, gum drops and jelly beans.
1. Clean and dry plastic eggs. Coat insides with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Set aside 2/3 cup of the cereal mixture. Using buttered hands, press 1/3 cup of the remaining cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Remove from mold. Gently press egg halves together until they stick. Divide the reserved cereal mixture into 8 portions. Shape each portion into tail. Gently press one tail onto large end of each egg shape. Cool completely.
5. Pipe chocolate frosting onto each oval for chick eyes or use frosting to attach chocolate morsels for eyes (if desired). Pinch each jelly bean into beak shape. Use frosting to attach jelly beans for beaks and to attach gumdrop halves for feet. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.