Inspired by the flavors in a sweet Thai chili dipping sauce, this slightly spicy mixture of nuts and puffs tastes like a grown-up, healthier version of Cracker Jack™. With 6 tablespoons of agave nectar, it’s on the sweet side, but the spices balance it nicely; however, you can reduce the amount of agave to 4 tablespoons if you prefer things less sweet.
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl combine Kashi® 7 Whole Grain Cereals, Puffs; almonds and walnuts. Set aside. In small bowl stir together 2 teaspoons water and cornstarch. Set aside.
3. In small saucepan combine agave nectar, 2 tablespoons water, garlic, chile flakes and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Return to simmering. Stir cornstarch mixture. Stir into agave mixture. Cook and stir until boiling and thickened. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
4. Pour agave mixture over cereal mixture. Stir quickly to coat. Evenly spread in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, about 8 minutes more or until nuts are toasted. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
5. Break into pieces to serve. Sprinkle with additional salt (if desired). (Mixture will be sticky).