Today, the food industry and the marketplace in which we compete are being transformed in unprecedented ways, at unprecedented speed.
One thing that isn’t changing is who we are. From our earliest days, Kellogg has been a purpose-driven organization, a company with a heart and soul.
As we continue Kellogg Company’s 110+-year journey, we’re fulfilling our purpose of nourishing families so they can flourish and thrive by nourishing with our foods, feeding people in need, nurturing our planet, all while living our founder’s values.
Delivering Business Value through Brands with Purpose
Today more than ever, socially conscious consumers want to know that companies are making a positive impact on people’s lives and on the planet.
At Kellogg, continuing to grow our business and fulfilling our purpose of nourishing families so they can flourish and thrive are intrinsically linked.
Our Heart and Soul strategy, which comes to life through our Kellogg’s® Better Days platform, is integral to our Deploy for Growth business strategy.
Through it, we are successfully embedding purpose into our business, through our brands and in partnership with our customers, suppliers, NGOs and philanthropy partners.
In 2019, Kellogg Company took its corporate responsibility work and impact to the next level and launched Creating Better Days, our 11th annual Corporate Responsibility Report.
Kellogg’s® Better Days, is our ambitious next-generation global commitment to help end hunger by addressing the interconnected issues of food security, climate and wellbeing. Kellogg’s® Better Days will drive positive change for 3 billion people, communities and the planet by 2030, aligned with the United Nations’ 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (U.N. SDGs).
Kellogg’s® Better Days builds on our Breakfasts for Better Days™ successes.
Through our next-generation Kellogg’s® Better Days commitment, we’re continuing our 110-plus year journey to drive growth through purpose by:
- Nourishing 1 billion people with its foods, delivering nutrients of need and addressing hidden hunger;
- Feeding 375 million people in need through food donations and expanded child feeding programs;
- Nurturing the planet as it supports 1 million farmers, especially women smallholders and workers;
- Conserving natural resources all along the value chain, from responsibly sourcing ingredients and reducing food waste, to providing recyclable, reusable or compostable packaging;
- Encouraging employee volunteerism, ensuring an ethical supply chain and supporting diversity and inclusion;
- And living its founder’s values by advocating on behalf of hungry children everywhere and engaging 1.5 billion people to help address the important issue of food security.
Kellogg’s® Better Days in MENAT & SSA:
In South Africa:
- PROVIDED 12.5m meals since launching the Better Days program in 2014
- SERVED 32 thousand kids in 47 schools a bowl of cereal every school day
- SERVING 2025 beneficiaries a bowl of noodles through a partnership with Shoprite .
- COVID RELIEF - 508k meals & $90k donated through the Kellogg Company Fund toward COVID-19 relief efforts
- SUPPORTED 500+ farmers in Egypt to improve livelihoods, families and communities. This resulted in Yield increases of more than 30%, Water use reduction of more than 28% and Post-Harvest loss reduction of more than 40%
- SPONSOR the Food Bank Regional Network in a quest to bring in policies and laws forbidding Food Waste and Food Loss in Egypt and most impacted countries in the GCC and North Africa.
- SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAM in El Demerdash School in Cairo, providing each of the 600 children with a hot-meal every school day.
- BACK TO SCHOOL – a project to encourage deprived children who have dropped out of school in Egypt for being unable to cover their education fees to re-attend by supporting their tuitions, school kits and snacks.. The outcome of this project will create better days for those kids enabling them to continue their education and nurture them for a better future
- COVID RELIEF:
- Kellogg Egypt in partnership with “The Egyptian Cure Bank” also supported thousands of medical staff heroes as part of the global COVID-19 food relief efforts. This is done as part of their “They are protecting us... Support them” campaign, where we donated nutritious food from our Cereals and CMB in Mass Food to the medical frontline heroes in the pandemic hospitals to support them through the heroic role they play every day. During this health crisis, the medical staff is our white army and should do all what we can to support them.
- Kellogg Egypt and its charitable funds in partnership with “The Egyptian Food Bank” supported 35,000+ families as part of the global COVID-19 food relief efforts. This was done as part of their “Supporting Day Labor, a Social Responsibility” campaign. During this health crisis, hunger is especially acute and we will continue to evaluate needs in our markets to create more Better Days.
- Kellogg Pakistan in partnership with “The Akhuwat Organization” are supporting 3,300+ families as part of Kellogg’s global COVID-19 food relief efforts. This is done as part of their “Corona War Campaign”, where we provided families with boxes of food essentials to support them through those tough times.
- Kellogg Turkey donated 400,000 servings of Coco Pops in partnership with Turkish Food Bank, TIDER. All donations will be distributed across Turkey to families in need.
We will continue bringing our heart and soul to life through assessing needs and determining where we can keep fighting hunger and feeding potential across our markets to create Better Days.