Kellogg's® Froot Loops®
- Kellogg's® Froot Loops® 6 cups
- Kellogg's® Froot Loops®, for garnish 2 tbsp
- Whole milk 2 cups
- Heavy cream 2 cups
- Granulated sugar 1 1/4 cups
- Egg yolks 8
For Plain Custard Base
1. In a 4-quart saucepan, combine milk, cream, and half of sugar. Cook on high-heat while stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk yolks and remaining sugar until smooth, heavy, and pale yellow.
3. When cream mixture just comes to a boil, whisk and pour half of the cream mixture over the yolk-sugar mixture. Whisk constantly until blended.
4. Return the pan to the stovetop over low heat. Whisking constantly, stream the yolk-cream mixture back into pan.
5. Continue stirring until the mixture slightly thickens. Do not heat above 180 °C.
6. Pour the base into a clean airtight container and refrigerate for 12 - 24 hours before using.
7. Use the base within 3 - 5 days.
For Froot Loops & Milk Soft Serve
1. Put the Kellogg’s® Froot Loops® in a bowl and pour the hot custard base over them. Let stand till soggy. Whisk until smooth.
2. Process the base in an ice cream maker.
3. Scrape into an airtight storage container. Freeze for a minimum of two hours before serving.