Kellogg's® Froot Loops®
- For Donuts
- Plain flour, with extra for dusting 2 3/4 cups
- Caster sugar 3 tbsp
- Instant dried yeast 2 1/4 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Milk 240ml
- Unsalted butter, room temperature 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Egg yolks 3
- For Cotton Candy Glaze
- Kellogg's® Froot Loops®, kept whole 2 cups
- Milk 4 tbsp
- Icing or powdered sugar 2 cups
- Few drops of pink food colouring
- Few drops of cotton candy flavouring
1. Mix 2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
2. Add in warmed milk, vanilla and egg yolks and mix. Add remaining flour and butter, and mix again until smooth.
3. Leave dough to rise for one hour. Roll out dough on a surface covered in flour until 1 1/2 inches thick, and cut out donuts using a round cookie cutter.
4. Place on a baking tray covered in parchment paper and cover in plastic wrap. Leave for 15 minutes.
5. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 180°C.
6. Fry donuts in oil for 1-2 minutes each till golden brown. Let cool.
For Cotton Candy Glaze
1. Sift icing or powdered sugar into a small bowl. Add milk, and stir until smooth.
2. Add cotton candy flavouring and pink food colouring and stir until it reaches your desired colour.
3. Dunk cooled donuts into glaze and decorate with whole Kellogg’s® Froot Loops®.