Kellogg's® Banana Corn Flakes
- Base Ingredients
- Butter 125g
- Icing sugar 35g
- Egg yolk 1
- Banana essence 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour, sifted 220g
- Cornflour, sifted 60g
- Top Ingredients
- Light brown sugar 140g
- Honey 100ml
- Butter 200g
- Kellogg's® Banana Corn Flakes, lightly crushed 80g
- Dried bananas, lightly crushed 80g
- Deseeded dates, big chopped 80g
- Roasted cashew nuts, finely chopped 140g
- All-purpose flour 60g
- Salt 1/2 tsp
1. To make the base, beat butter, sugar, yolk and banana essence until combined.
2. Add other ingredients and knead into a dough.
3. Press into 8x8 inch baking tin lined with parchment paper. Prick base with a fork.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
5. For the top ingredients, heat sugar, honey and butter until melted. Remove from heat.
6. Add in remaining ingredients, stir well and quickly press onto the base.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
8. Chill in the chiller before cutting into 4x4cm squares.