Kellogg's® Granola Nutty Delight
- For the milk tart filling
- custard powder 3 tbsp
- condensed milk 1/2 (192g) tin
- eggs, medium sized 2
- cinnamon 1 tsp
- For the crust
- Kellogg's®️ Nutty Delight Granola 1 1/2 cups
- butter, melted 1/4 cup
- honey 2 tbsp
- For the hacky granola topping
- apple slices 1/2 tin (192g)
- Kellogg's® Nutty Delight Granola 1 1/2 cups
- ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp
1. Grease a 25cm round pie dish with and set aside. *Chef’s Tip: You can use a round baking tin lined with greaseproof paper if you don’t have a pie dish!
For the milk tart filling:
2. In a large, heatproof bowl, combine the custard powder with 4 tablespoons of water and stir to form a smooth paste.
3. Whisk in the condensed milk, eggs and 2 cups of water until combined. Sprinkle in the cinnamon powder and whisk to disperse evenly.
4. Microwave the mixture on high for 4 minutes. Remove the bowl from the microwave and whisk vigorously to prevent lumps from forming. Microwave on high for another 3 minutes and whisk. Microwave the mixture on high for a final 2 minutes and whisk.
5. Cover the bowl with cling wrap, making sure that it is touching the top of the custard and place the custard in the fridge for 20 minutes to cool. *Chefs Tip: Covering the top of the custard with cling-wrap prevents a skin from forming!
For the crust:
6. Prepare the crust by pouring the Kellogg's®️ Nutty Delight Granola into a zip seal bag and lightly crush it using a rolling pin to create medium-fine crumbs.
7. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and add in the melted butter and honey. Stir to combine. Press the sticky granola mixture into the dish to create the base and place the dish in the refrigerator to set for 5 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: To avoid sticky fingers, use a small piece of baking paper to press the base into the tin!
8. Pour the thickened milk tart filling over the crust and smooth it out in an even layer. Refrigerate until needed.
For the hacky granola topping:
9. Drain the canned apple slices, chop them into cubes and place them in a clean, medium sized bowl. Add in the granola and the ground cinnamon and toss together until combined. Set aside.
10. Gently scatter the hacky granola topping over the milk tart layer and place the dish in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until set.
11. When ready to serve, remove the dish from the fridge and slice the tart into 8 generous slices. Serve and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: This tart can be refrigerated and kept for up to 3 days!
Granola Carrot Bread Loaf
Serves 8 | Prep 10 mins
The much loved seed loaf gets an upgrade - with granola for a super crunchy bite!
Classic Granola Buttermilk Rusks
Serves 28 | Prep 20 mins
Our favourite proudly South African teatime treat gets a yummy granola twist to get away with using less ingredients but still be able to create amazing rusks!
4-Ingredient Nutty Banana Bread Muffins
Serves 12 | Prep 10 mins
The easiest-ever banana bread muffins with the addition of nutty granola for extra texture - ONLY 4 ingredients!