Kellogg's® Granola Nutty Delight
- large eggs 2
- light brown sugar 1/2 cup (100g)
- vegetable oil 1/2 cup (125ml)
- double cream plain yoghurt 1/2 cup (125ml)
- whole wheat flour 1 1/2 cups (180g)
- baking powder 1 tbsp (15g)
- salt 1/2 tsp
- Kellogg's® Nutty Delight Granola 3 cups
- grated carrots 1 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 24x13cm loaf tin with baking paper, ensuring it hangs over the sides of the tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to beat together the eggs, sugar and oil. Stir in the yoghurt and mix well. *Chef’s Tip: Yoghurt will give your loaf a soft crumb!
3. Sieve in the whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt and fold in until just combined.
4. Add in 2 cups of the Kellogg's® Nutty Delight Granola and the grated carrots and stir gently to combine.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and smooth out the top using a spatula. Scatter the remaining 1 cup of granola over the batter in an even layer.
6. Place the tin in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. *Chef’s Tip: Cover the top of the loaf with foil halfway through baking if the granola is browning too fast!
7. Once cool to the touch, remove the rusk from the baking dish, using the baking paper to assist and place it on a cutting board.
8. Slice the loaf into even slices, spread with butter, serve with tea and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Cover the bread in cling film to keep it fresh for up to 3 days!
Serves 28 | Prep 20 mins
Our favourite proudly South African teatime treat gets a yummy granola twist to get away with using less ingredients but still be able to create amazing rusks!