Kellogg's® Granola Nutty Delight
- self-raising flour 3 cups (500g)
- salt 1 tsp
- dark brown sugar 1 cup
- Kellogg's® Nutty Delight Granola 2 1/2 cups
- buttermilk 2 cups (500ml)
- large eggs 2
- melted butter 1/2 cup (120g)
- oil 1/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a large rectangular baking dish (26x20cm) with baking paper hanging over the sides of the dish. *Chef’s Tip: Grease the baking paper with non-stick spray to ensure the batter won’t stick to the paper.
2. In a large bowl, sieve the self-raising flour and salt and add in the sugar and the Kellogg's®️ Nutty Delight Granola and stir to combine.
3. Make a hollow in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and oil and whisk everything together lightly until just combined. *Chef’s Tip: For a less costly alternative to buttermilk, combine 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix to combine and, when curdled, add to the dry ingredients as you would with buttermilk!
4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and use a spatula to even out the top.
5. Bake the batter in the oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. *Chef’s Tip: If the top becomes too dark during baking, loosely cover the dish with foil.
6. Remove the tin from the oven and turn the oven temperature to 75°C. Allow the rusks to cool completely in the tin.
7. Once cool to the touch, remove the rusk-bake from the baking dish, using the baking paper to assist and place it on a cutting board.
8. With a bread knife, cut into rusk-sized slices, about 28. Arrange the pieces on a cooling rack placed over an oven tray and place the rusks back in the oven for 5 hours with the door slightly ajar. *Chef’s Tip: Use the end of a wooden spoon to keep the door ajar!
9. Allow the rusks to cool completely.
10. Serve and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store the rusks in a jar for 2-3 weeks!