Kellogg's® Granola Crunchy
- For the carrot cake
- golden syrup 2/3 cup
- oil 1/4 cup
- vanilla yoghurt 1/2 cup
- milk 1/3 cup
- large eggs 2
- grated carrots 6 (450g)
- orange zest (optional) 2 tsp
- self-raising flour 2 cups (170g)
- ground nutmeg 1 tsp
- ground ginger 1/2 tsp
- Kellogg's® Crunchy Granola 1 1/2 cup
- For the topping
- cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup
- vanilla yoghurt 3/4 cup
- Kellogg's® Crunchy Granola 1/3 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a square baking dish with baking paper. *Chef’s Tip: Snip a line into the corners of the baking paper for even cake edges.
2. Add the golden syrup, oil, yoghurt, milk, eggs, grated carrots and orange zest to a large mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
3. Sieve in the flour, ground nutmeg and ginger and fold it through the wet mixture along with the Kellogg’s® Crunchy Granola until just combined.
4. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes.*Chef’s Tip: Poke the centre of the cake with a skewer and if it comes out clean it’s ready!
5. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely for about 1 hour.
6. In the meantime, prepare the icing by whisking the cream cheese and yoghurt in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
7. Once the carrot cake has cooled, generously spread the cream cheese icing over the cake using a spatula and sprinkle granola over to garnish.
8. Slice the carrot cake into squares, serve with tea and ENJOY!