Corn Flakes Chicken Burger
You’ve heard of a schnitzel burger? Well this recipe takes the burger crunch to a whole other level with the Kellogg’s Corn Flakes crunch! Recipe courtesy of Meg Hewitt developed specially for the Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Café in Sydney.
Kellogg's® Corn Flakes
- chicken breast 1
- salt 3 tablespoons
- sugar 2 tablespoons
- water 2 ½ cups
- plain flour 1 ½ tablespoons
- egg 1
- Kellogg's® Corn Flakes 2 cups
- whole egg mayonnaise 3 tablespoons
- Harissa paste 1 teaspoon
- garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- pepper ¼ teaspoon
- of paprika ¼ teaspoon
- milk 62ml
- salt A pinch of
- brioche buns 2
- ripe tomato, sliced 1
- Iceberg lettuce, sliced 1 handful
1. Cut chicken breast through the middle into flat-looking burger sized portions.
2. Soak in water with the salt and sugar to tenderise for two hours.
3. Place the Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes in a bag and crush with a rolling pin. Turn out on to a plate for coating.
4. To make the batter: whisk the egg, garlic powder, pepper, paprika and a pinch of salt with flour and a dash of milk to mix a thick, pourable consistency.
5. Dry the chicken with paper towel, coat in the batter and cover well in the crushed Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes.
6. Bake on an oven tray lined with baking paper at 190°C for 20 minutes. The chicken is cooked when juices run clear.
7. To build the burger, mix the mayo and harissa together and coat each side of the bun. Place the chicken on top with fresh tomato slices and lettuce.
Serves 1 | Prep 10 mins
No batter? No problem. Whip up a crowd favourite with Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes, strawberries, vanilla-flavoured custard or milk, maple syrup, and chopped pecans, topped with whipped cream.